Many owners of Windows computers are switching to the new Edge Chromium browser, which is developing rapidly and has already taken second place in popularity (on the first Google Chrome). In this publication, you’ll learn about Web browser services designed to improve network security. But sometimes this functionality prevents you from downloading the desired content, therefore, you can temporarily disable it.
THE CONTENT OF THE ARTICLE:
How to enable / disable Microsoft Edge browser services
The options below are available in version 80 and higher. It is recommended to download the update [urlspan]from the official site[/urlspan].
What should be done?
- Start the Edge and in the upper right corner click on the "three dots" icon. A menu appears in which we select "Options":
- Next, on the left, open the "Privacy and Services" tab:
- Now in the main part of the window we go down to the "Services" section:
- Use a web service to fix navigation errors - if you try to open a specific page, but it is not available, then the Edge browser will offer similar sites. But not everyone likes this option. Include at your discretion;
- Smart Defender filter in MS Defender - activation of an additional “screen” using the capabilities of the integrated Windows 10 antivirus. This option is enabled by default. Because of it, there are often problems when downloading the necessary files or even when opening web pages. From the point of view of safety - it should be so, but sometimes false positives occur;
- Blocking potentially unwanted applications - such software includes adware, tracking trackers, various malicious plugins, toolbars, and miners. Before downloading, the browser is checked with various trust bases and, if the downloaded file has a low level of reputation, the process is blocked. When you are sure of the source and intend to download the utility in any case, then temporarily disable this option.
- Address bar - you can enable search suggestions so that when entering a query, the Edge browser looks for similar offers in your history and bookmarks.
These settings are best included for maximum protection. But if you often use sites with torrents, file sharing and other "pirated" resources, then you may have problems with downloading. Then try disabling the options. But remember the potential danger!
Обзор браузера Edge (видео)
Edge для Android (видео)
- How to remove all traces and references to the program from the registry in Windows 10 8 7
- Software_reporter_tool.exe loads Windows system – what to do
- 3 easy ways to check your Android phone for viruses
- How to record video from the screen without third-party applications in Windows 10
- WPS button on the router – why you need it, how to turn it on, configure WPS technology