Many users believe that the standard tool for removing programs in Windows 10 8 7 is enough to clean up all traces of the application in the registry, file system. In fact, this is not so. Mentions remain even after scanning by "advanced" optimizers.
If you want to completely get rid of the traces of remote software, to hide the fact of its use or to free up disk space - our instructions will definitely come in handy.
Search for trash folders
It is recommended to perform a similar procedure every time after uninstalling the software, then the implementation of the instruction will take no more than a minute.
What should be done:
- First of all, turn on the display of hidden elements. To do this, in the explorer window, switch to the "View" tab and check the corresponding option:
In Windows 7, you can go the other way - open the control panel, switch to the "Small Icons" view mode, select "Folder Options", on the "View" tab, activate the "Show hidden folders / files" option:
- Step Two - Browse through the contents of the Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories. Find and remove traces of unnecessary applications. Sometimes they are nested inside folders whose names indicate a software developer:
- Step three - we perform similar operations with Program Data - this is a hidden folder located in the root of the system drive (usually C):
- Fourth step - go along the path:
This folder is also hidden by default, so the object icon will be translucent:
Inside, find three sub directories:
We examine each element in turn, look for traces of already deleted applications. If you want to know more about AppData, watch the video from our Youtube channel:
- After all the previous steps have been completed, you can proceed to delete the temporary files stored in the Temp folder. We also strongly recommend that you get rid of references in the registry using a simple instruction:
At the end of the review, I would like to advise several programs for uninstalling programs that eliminate almost all the traces during the uninstallation process - Bulk Crap Uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller, Hibit Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller: