If Windows 10 is installed on your computer, then you do not need to install additional software to record video from the screen. In this article you can read step-by-step instructions.
Using the Xbox Game Center
Many users do not even suspect the existence of this built-in tool (although in Windows 10 LTSC it is absent by default). Others - immediately after installing the OS, remove it as unnecessary, believing that only gamers need such software.
In fact, the Xbox Game Bar is an excellent tool for recording video from a computer screen, creating screenshots - you can share them with students, colleagues, etc. But there are some restrictions, which we will download further.
- To use the tool, open the "Options":
- Go to the "Games" section:
- Turn on the "Xbox Game Bar" (if the specified option is inactive):
- On the "Clips" tab, you can adjust the quality of sound and video, the recording duration, the place to save the files, the volume of the audio, microphone - you will have to experiment with these parameters, depending on your needs:
- To call the Xbox, use the combination Win + G . Several blocks will be displayed on the screen - unnecessary can be removed using the main control panel:
- First you need to open the application whose window you want to record (all other programs will be ignored). Then we call the Xbox panel by clicking on Win + G . In the corresponding block, click on the record button:
- An indicator appears with the buttons for stopping, turning on / off the microphone:
- You can view the “captured” materials in the “Clips” folder located inside the “Video” user directory (if you have not made any changes to the location settings). Or, on the Xbox Game Bar, open the "Collections" window, where a list of entries is displayed, you can delete them, open them in Explorer:
That is, this method has one drawback - the ability to record the window of only one application / game. Perhaps this is not critical for you? Then it's worth a try.
If you want to visually see how screen recording works in Windows 10 without third-party software, then we recommend our training video. In it, we additionally show the Xbox settings: